Call for Papers: International Conference “Europe as a Global Actor”
In the context of the major changes that have been taking place in the global stage, whereby the EU’s values and standards — not to mention its own existence — are constantly being challenged from outside as well as from within, new foreign policy tools, such as the EU Global Strategy, have emerged. To discuss the EU’s current challenges and opportunities, the Centre for International Studies at ISCTE-IUL (Instituto Universitário de Lisboa) is organizing the second edition of the international conference on Europe as a Global Actor, to be held in Lisbon, between 19 and 20 June 2017. This interdisciplinary conference aims to understand the kind of role the EU can play in the current transformations that we have been witnessing of late, as well as the domestic and external obstacles it faces as an actor.
Deadline: 21 April 2017
Notification of acceptance: 30 April 2017
The proposed papers should follow the main topics of the conference:
- The uncertain future of EU-US relations
- The rise of right-wing political movements and its implications for the EU
- The implementation of the EU Global Strategy
- The EU’s response to the Mediterranean refugee crisis
- The evolution of the European Neighbourhood Policy
- The EU and Russia
- The EU and emerging powers: a ‘Post-Western’ world?
- Climate change
- The comprehensive approach in EU external action
- Terrorism and organized crime
- Non-proliferation of weapons of mass destruction
- Crisis management
- Other threats to European and Global security
Speakers – €30
Speakers (PhD students) – €15
How to submit
Proposals (in English) should include:
- Name, institutional affiliation and a short biographical note (550 characters with spaces)
- Abstract (1400 characters with spaces)
The proposals should be submitted in the application form available here.
For further information, contact us: email@example.com
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.