On March 27, 2019, CEI-IUL co-organises, in partnership with IUM – Instituto Universitário Militar, ISCSP (Lisbon University), FEUC (Coimbra University), and OBSERVARE (Autónoma University of Lisbon), an international seminar on Crisis and Armed Conflicts focused on the topic of Energy Security.
The event will take place at IUM – Instituto Universitário Militar.
09h30 OPENING SESSION
10h00 1st PANEL – ENERGY AND INTERNATIONAL SECURITY
- Mr. Alan Howard: Strategic considerations of energy security
- Deputy Director, Energy Academic Group, Naval Postgraduate School, USA
- Mr. Michael Ruhle: NATO’s role in energy security
- Head, Energy Security Section, Emerging Security Challenges Division, NATO HQ
- Miss Jennifer Doran: NATO ENSEC COE research projects
- Behavioural Scientist, Project Lead NATO Energy Security Center of Excellence
- Lieutenant Colonel Pinto Correia (Moderator)
- Professor, Portuguese Military University
14h00 2nd PANEL – OPERATIONALIZING ENERGY SECURITY
- Professor Andrea Valente: Global and regional energy risks
- School of Social and Political Sciences, University of Lisbon
- Professor Ana Isabel Xavier: European Union and energy security
- OBSERVARE – Observatory of Foreign Relations, Autonoma University of Lisbon
- Lieutenant Colonel Pedro Matias: Armed Forces and critical infrastructure protection
- Director, Center of competences for infrastructure protection, Army Military Academy
- Professor Daniela Nascimento (Moderator)
- International Relations Department, Faculty of Economics of the University of Coimbra
17h00 CLOSING SESSION
Free attendance, subject to registration here.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.